For applications with low temperature, Globe valves are normally installed so that the pressure is under the disc. This contributes an easy operation and helps protect the packing.
For applications with high temperature steam service, Globe valves are installed so that the pressure is above the disk. Otherwise, the stem will contract upon cooling and tend to lift the disk off the seat.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Butterfly valve history
- Butterfly valve structure features
- Butterfly valve advantages
- Ball valve
- Ball valve history
- Ball valve advantages
- Ball valve classification
- Three-way ball valve features
- Regulating valve
- Regulator valve classification
- Advantages and disadvantages of Glo...
- Typical Applications of Globe valves
- Introduction to Valves - Gate valves
- Disks of a Gate valve
- Stem of a Gate valve
- Seats of a Gate valve
- Advantages and disadvantages of Gat...
- Introduction to valves - Ball valves
- Types of Ball valves
- Materials - Design - Bonnet