Seats for Gate valves are either provided integral with the valve body or in a seat ring type of construction. Seat ring construction provides seats which are either threaded into position or are pressed into position and seal welded to the valve body. The latter form of construction is recommended for higher temperature service.
Integral seats provide a seat of the same material of construction as the valve body while the pressed-in or threaded-in seats permit variation. Rings with hard facings may be supplied for the application where they are required.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Butterfly valve history
- Butterfly valve structure features
- Butterfly valve advantages
- Ball valve
- Ball valve history
- Ball valve advantages
- Ball valve classification
- Three-way ball valve features
- Regulating valve
- Regulator valve classification
- Advantages and disadvantages of Gat...
- Introduction to valves - Ball valves
- Types of Ball valves
- Materials - Design - Bonnet
- Ball valves applications
- Advantages and disadvantages of Bal...
- Introduction to valves - Plug valves
- Plug valve Disk
- Typical applications of Plug valves
- Advantages and disadvantages of Plu...